We will consider your ERAS application for an interview invitation if:
- You are a graduate or a 4th year medical student in good standing from a US or Canadian medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA); OR
- You are an international medical school graduate with all of the following:
- passing USMLE board scores;
- appropriate references (3) from clinical work performed in the United States; and
- eligibility for a J1 visa, if not a permanent resident of the US; OR
- You are enrolled in or have successfully completed a Fifth Pathway program, provided by an LCME accredited medical school.
Students or graduates of US, Canadian, or International medical schools are not encouraged to apply if they have failed any combination of USMLE (steps 1 or 2 ) or Comlex tests (steps 1 or 2) more than three times.
Interested candidates often ask if we have a graduation year cut-off, which we do not. Gaining clinical work through observerships or externships is accepted; we ask for letters of recommendation from any such experience in the United States. Please note, we do not offer externships or observerships. Additionally, we do not offer pre-match positions.
International applicants do not need to be ECFMG-certified at the time of application. The NRMP verifies with the ECFMG on the rank order list deadline to ensure that candidates have passed Step 1 and both parts of Step 2. If they cannot verify this information at that time, candidates are withdrawn from the Match. International graduates need to be ECFMG-certified prior to the start of residency training.
All applications must be submitted through ERAS.
NOTE: Second year resident positions are occasionally available. Please contact us directly to check availability if you are interested in a PGY2 position. MDFMR does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or any other applicable legally protected status.