Fellows are required to attend three professional conferences with the expectation of presenting a case (or a research project at AMSSM) at the podium or as a poster:
- New England Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine (NEACSM)
- The American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM)
- The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
Presentations by past fellows include:
- “Foot Pain in a Track Athlete”
- “Heel Pain in an Avid Walker”
- “An Unusual Cause of Recurrent Stress Fractures in a Collegiate Women’s Basketball Player”
- “Morel-Lavallée Lesion”
- “Man Versus Machine: Why Weight Machines Have Locks”
- “Foot Pain in a Track Athlete” (an update)
- “Right Arm Pain in a Collegiate Softball Shortstop”
- “Abdominal Wall Radiculopathy”
- “Shoulder Pain and Weakness in 11 y/o Male after Bike Accident”
- “Bilateral Groin Pain in a High School Football Player”
- “Leg Pain in an Elite Triathlete”
- “An Unusual Cause of Acute Atraumatic Hip Pain”
- “Hepatic Hematoma in a Soccer Player”
Fellowship faculty are routinely engaged in scholarly pursuits. Recent faculty activity include:
Lutrzykowski C. General hip conditions in the athlete. Presentation. Maine Athletic Trainers’ Association Annual Meeting. Portland, ME. March 2017.
Tribuna J, Rothe E, Maxted G. Common family medicine joint injection techniques for medical students and residents. Workshop presentation. 2016 Family Medicine Education Consortium Annual Meeting. Pittsburgh, PA. Oct 29, 2016.
Lutrzykowski CJ, Stevens RB. Chapter 30, Injections. Musculoskeletal and Sports Medicine for the Primary Care Practitioner. Birrer RB, O’Connor FG, Kane SF, editors. CRC Press, 2016, p. 295-314.
Dunlap J. Atraumatic shoulder instability. Presentation. MaineGeneral Sports Medicine & Colby College Sports Medicine Collaborative Education Series. Augusta ME. March 2018.
Hoke T. Shoulder Diagnosis Algorithm. The 5-Minute Clinical Consult. Domino F, et. al. LWW: 26th ed. 2018.