Fellows are required to attend three professional conferences with the expectation of presenting a case (or a research project at AMSSM) at the podium or as a poster:
- New England Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine (NEACSM)
- The American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM)
- The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
Presentations by past fellows include:
- “Foot Pain in a Track Athlete”
- “Heel Pain in an Avid Walker”
- “An Unusual Cause of Recurrent Stress Fractures in a Collegiate Women’s Basketball Player”
- “Morel-Lavallée Lesion”
- “Man Versus Machine: Why Weight Machines Have Locks”
- “Foot Pain in a Track Athlete” (an update)
- “Right Arm Pain in a Collegiate Softball Shortstop”
- “Abdominal Wall Radiculopathy”
- “Shoulder Pain and Weakness in 11 y/o Male after Bike Accident”
- “Bilateral Groin Pain in a High School Football Player”
- “Leg Pain in an Elite Triathlete”
- “An Unusual Cause of Acute Atraumatic Hip Pain”
- “Hepatic Hematoma in a Soccer Player”
Fellowship faculty are routinely engaged in scholarly pursuits. Recent faculty activity include:
Dunlap J. A comparison of injuries in ultra-distance and traditional distance training. Presentation. MaineGeneral Sports Medicine & Colby College Sports Medicine Collaborative Education Series, “Respiratory Conditions & the Ultra-Athlete.” April 2021.
Rothe E, Lutrzykowski C. Hypermobility and the athlete. Presentation. NEASCM Regional Conference (virtual). Nov 2020.
Gunel J, Dunlap J. Chest pain and shortness of breath in a basketball player. Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine. 2019;29(2):e27.
Gunel J, Lucas J, Rothe E. A comparison between physician and patient perceptions regarding barriers to exercise. Medicine and Science in Sport and Exercise. 2019;51:171.
Dunlap J. Atraumatic shoulder instability. Presentation. MaineGeneral Sports Medicine & Colby College Sports Medicine Collaborative Education Series. Augusta ME. March 2018.
Hoke T. Shoulder Diagnosis Algorithm. The 5-Minute Clinical Consult. Domino F, et. al. LWW: 26th ed. 2018.