Fellows are required to attend three professional conferences with the expectation of presenting a case (or a research project at AMSSM or ACSM) at the podium or as a poster:
- New England Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine (NEACSM)
- The American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM)
- The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
Presentations by past fellows include:
- “So I think my knee exploded”
- “Doc, I had an unlucky stumble!”
- “Foot Pain in a Track Athlete”
- “Heel Pain in an Avid Walker”
- “An Unusual Cause of Recurrent Stress Fractures in a Collegiate Women’s Basketball Player”
- “Morel-Lavallée Lesion”
- “Man Versus Machine: Why Weight Machines Have Locks”
- “Neck injury – softball”
- “Back injury – running”
- “Foot Pain in a Track Athlete” (an update)
- “Right Arm Pain in a Collegiate Softball Shortstop”
- “Abdominal Wall Radiculopathy”
- “Shoulder Pain and Weakness in 11 y/o Male after Bike Accident”
- “Starting off on the wrong foot”
- “The seventh inning swelling”
- “Bilateral Groin Pain in a High School Football Player”
- “Leg Pain in an Elite Triathlete”
- “An Unusual Cause of Acute Atraumatic Hip Pain”
- “Hepatic Hematoma in a Soccer Player”
Fellowship faculty are routinely engaged in scholarly pursuits. Recent faculty activity include:
Patten I, Sun Y, Maldonado DR, Lee MS, Banffy MB. Microbial colonization of capsular traction sutures in hip arthroscopic surgery. Orthop J Sports Med 2023 May;11(5).
Rothe E. Chronic exertional compartment pressure testing. MaineGeneral Sports Medicine & Colby College Sports Medicine Collaborative Education Series. Virtual presentation. Mar 1 2023.
Stevens R, Hoke T. Fractures to the shoulder and elbow & upper extremity dislocation. MaineGeneral Sports Medicine & Colby College Sports Medicine Collaborative Education Series. Virtual presentation. Sept 20, 2022.
Lucas J, Rothe E, Dunlap J. COVID-19 infection complications among Division III college athletes – A cohort study. Presented as original research, AMSSM 31st annual meeting, Austin TX. April 2022.
Dunlap J. A comparison of injuries in ultra-distance and traditional distance training. Presentation. MaineGeneral Sports Medicine & Colby College Sports Medicine Collaborative Education Series, “Respiratory Conditions & the Ultra-Athlete.” April 2021.
Rothe E, Lutrzykowski C. Hypermobility and the athlete. Presentation. NEASCM Regional Conference (virtual). Nov 2020.