The focus of our outpatient experience is a continuity consultative clinic to which patients from the Kennebec Valley region are referred for a comprehensive evaluation and a multi-tiered approach to care. Maine Dartmouth Collaborative Care Center (MDCCC) is a growing collaboration of clinicians engaged in health promotion. The provider team at MDCCC comprises clinicians certified in family medicine, neuromusculoskeletal medicine (C-NMM/OMM), integrative medicine and functional medicine. We approach health issues from a holistic perspective, with a focus on the physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of our patients.
The outpatient venue affords ONMM residents an opportunity to gain broad osteopathic neuromusculoskeletal (ONMM) experience in an environment of team-based care.
Clinical practice includes:
- Evaluation and management of obstetrical intrapartum pain conditions.
- Acute and complicated chronic pain conditions.
- Diverse sports medicine and restorative conditions.
- Other issues amenable to osteopathic manipulative treatment and application of osteopathic principles and practice.
We emphasize a model of collaborating within systems of care, and we partner with specialties that include:
- Family Medicine
- Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
- Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy
- Behavioral Health
We believe that a shared approach to care within a model incorporating complementary and alternative styles of practice to support health provides a sound foundation for future ONMM practice; our ONMM residents are consistently able to achieve the outpatient clinical exposure necessary for meeting board certification requirements while learning to provide excellent ONMM care.