Salary and Benefits 2013-2014
- Eighteen days of paid leave per year
- Nine paid holidays, which includes two floating holidays
- Ability to purchase health insurance for yourself and your family health coverage with tax-free dollars
- Malpractice insurance
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Ability to purchase additional life and accidental insurance for you and your family
- One-time moving expense allowance for incoming residents -- up to $1000
- Parental leave of up to 12 weeks, with 4 weeks paid
- Reimbursement Accounts for Medical and Childcare Expenses
- Employee Assistance Program – individual/ family confidential counseling at no cost per MDFMR policy limits
- Five days CME per PGY year, plus $2,000 in continuing medical education funds to be used over the course of a 3 year residency at MDFMR ($850 for fellows)
- Reimbursement for ATLS up to $1,000 and 3 days, for 1st year residents only
- Reimbursement cost of USMLE or COMLEX Step 3, must be taken during PGY1 or PGY2
- Reimbursement for ABFM certification exam in PGY3, per MDFMR policy.
- Mileage reimbursement or subsidy for required rotations outside of home base area
- PC laptop provided at the start of residency
- Ability to contribute to a Tax-sheltered Annuity (403B) and eligible for employer possible contributions of up to 5.5% after 1 year of training
- Membership in the AAFP for all residents
- Membership in the AOA for all osteopathic residents
Please note that residents must adhere to requirements of the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) as stated in its “Information Manual for Family Practice Residency Directors”, which is updated and made available to residents yearly. In some cases the requirements of ABFM are more restrictive than MDFMR policies and may have implication for total program training time.
Click here to view a sample contract.